We’re looking for men and women who want to give back to their community, people of action who are self-starters and willing to volunteer their time and efforts for the benefit of others. Membership is by invitation but we have an Equality and Diversity Policy that ensures full compliance with our statutory obligations under The Equality Act 2010.
What Are The Benefits?
The enormous sense of achievement you’ll experience in helping your local community and other communities around the world will be matched only by the fun you’ll have doing it. As a large and diverse organisation, Rotary provides individuals with the power to help those in need. There are countless opportunities to make a difference to those less fortunate than ourselves.
- Friendship: In an increasingly complex world, Rotary maintains a simple philosophy – make friends in your own community and throughout the world.
- Giving back to the community: Through Rotary, service to local and overseas communities is well organised and rewarding. If you like helping others, here is your chance to do something worthwhile and make a real difference.
- Business development: Networking opportunities are endless. Rotary consists of a cross-section from every business community and its members come from all walks of life. Rotarians help each other and collectively help others.
- Personal growth and development: Membership of Rotary develops leadership, public speaking, social, business, personal and vocational skills as well as improving cultural awareness.
- Continued learning: Our programmes and meetings keep members informed about what is going on in the community, the country, and the world. Each meeting provides an opportunity to listen to different speakers on a variety of current topics.
- Travel opportunities: Every Rotarian is welcome – even encouraged – to attend any of the 35,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical regions. This bond creates an instant friendship wherever you are in the world. Many a Rotarian in need of a local doctor, lawyer, hotel, dentist, or other expertise while travelling has found assistance through Rotary.
What’s Expected Of Me?
As a club member, you will be asked to:
- Pay club dues (see below “What Does it Cost). Rotary the world over is at last changing its modus operandi to accommodate the lifestyles and working practices of the 21st century. Wilton Rotary Club is no exception as we now have a number of membership packages which offer every permutation of cost from £120 to £720 per annum, payment method (monthly standing order or pay-as-you-go via BACS or cheque) and expected attendance at our regular club meetings (weekly, monthly or hardly at all). Included in these offerings is our recently launched Corporate Membership scheme (click here for details).
- Attend meetings and events (see “When We Meet“, “Our Events” and “What We Do“). Gone are the days when all Club members were expected to attend every one of our weekly dinner meetings. We understand that in the 21st century lifestyles have changed and have adapted our expectations regarding members’ attendances.
- Use your professional skills and talents to make a difference. One of the success factors that have sustained the Rotary movement since its formation in 1905 is the wide spread of occupational backgrounds, technical knowledge and business acumen of our members.
What Does It Cost?
Depending on a member’s availability to attend our regular meetings we now offer the following membership options which are all available via Corporate or Individual membership. (NB In all options meals for Christmas and Charter Anniversary Dinners are charged separately.)
Full Active Membership: (Attendance expected at most weekly meetings). Two payment options:
- Via Standing Order: £60 per month payable by standing order to cover (in order of priority) the annual membership sub of £120 and a total of £600 in fellowship subs for a maximum of 40 weekly meeting meals at the current price of £15 subject to refunds for qualifying absences.
- Pay As You Go: £120 membership sub payable annually on July 1st plus fellowship subs payable monthly in arrears for weekly meals attended at the current price of £15.
Lite Membership: (Attendance not expected at most weekly meetings). Two options. Both cost £120 membership sub payable annually on July 1st with optional monthly fellowship subs payable via PAYG in arrears for any meals attended at the current price of £15.
- Standard Lite: for members expected normally to attend the monthly Club business meetings (including or excluding any associated meals). Attendance at other meetings is welcome but optional.
- Extra Lite: for members expected to attend committee/project meetings (including or excluding any associated meals) to discuss club business in which they have an interest or involvement. Attendance at other meetings is welcome but optional.
How Can I Become A Rotarian?
The process of joining our Club varies with each case but is essentially as follows:
- If you are interested in joining our Club the first step is to contact the Club Secretary by email at firstname.lastname@example.org in which you should briefly introduce yourself and explain why you are interested in becoming a Rotarian;
- The Club Secretary will then arrange for our Membership Committee Chairman to contact you to to arrange an informal “get to know each other” meeting.
- This will probably be followed by you being invited to attend a couple of our meetings to get know our other members and vice-versa.
- Your proposed membership will then be put to a vote by our members and if successful
- You will then be inducted into membership of the Club at the next mutually available Club meeting.
Take a look at the video below. If you are interested in becoming a Wilton Rotarian please contact us and find out how you could help us to ,make a difference in the community,